Friday, August 13, 2010

Demonstration For The Pastel Society

These are some photos from my demonstration for the pastel society last week.
It lasted about an hour and a half.

The three pictures that I am showing are my subject photo and some color sketches I had done previously.



Using my examples and also a watercolor I did of the same subject, I begin on a larger piece. (11 x 14)


The sky goes in first and then the trees and barn. The fore ground is the last to be resolved.




The surface for the demonstration is a board that I prepared myself. I also showed the group how I prepare the board.


This was the final piece for the demonstration that night.
A few days later, I did a few things to finish up, including eliminating the small structure to the left of the barn.


Final Painting.
Turned out pretty good I think.

4 comments:

Carly said...

That's awesome Ede! I bet they all loved it and you did a great job. The picture is beautiful.

ede said...

thanks, Carly

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I am so glad you have photos. I am so sorry I missed it. Nice work.

mandy said...

Glad no one threw the chalk at you..wink, wink!!